Recipes can sometimes be challenging to me because they don't let me flex my culinary creativity but with recipes that I love I try to follow the rules. At least with this the amount of ingredients spice-wise is roughly the same as Robin's original recipe. The original is absolutely divine but I think that this method of preparation just makes this recipe more accessible to everyone. All of my roommates and I were busy with last minute rooftop and home preparations for our party and fireworks watching so none of us had time to sit around and twiddle our thumbs. This recipe is perfect for anyone who is busy but still wants to eat a hearty delicious meal. I plan on making this one year round and I don't think I will ever be disappointed in it!
Today's Cast of Characters:
What to Do:
At this point its a choose your own adventure! You could either cook the brisket on High for 2 hours and low for 5 and a half or just let the crock work its magic on low for 8 to 10 hours. I think it could be a great dish to come home to after a long day of work...I will have to try it this winter...
|Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket|
Ingredients:1 tbsp Chili Powder
1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
2 tbsp Salt
3 cloves Garlic, mashed into salt or 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Onion Powder
1 tbsp Pepper
1 tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Dry Mustard
1 Bay Leaf – crushed, stem removed
4 lb lean Beef Brisket
1 1/2 cups Beef Stock
Directions:1.Make dry rub by combining Chili Powder, Smoked Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Salt, Garlic, Onion Powder, Pepper, Sugar, Mustard, and Bay Leaf
2. Rub the mix on the brisket season meat on both sides, make sure you cover most of the beef with the mix
3. Add beef stock to slow cooker and gently place in the brisket. If there is not enough room just cut the brisket and try to rearrange.
4. Cook on High for 2 hours and low for 5 and a half hours or just keep the crock on low for 8 or 9 hours.
5. When the beef is fork tender, carefully remove from the slow cooker and shred the beef.
6. Return the shredded beef to the juices in the slow cooker and keep on warm until ready to serve.