I absolutely adore cauliflower soup. Its creamy, comforting and fabulously homey for times when I need to be cheered a bit or escape some winter weather. My go to cauliflower though is almost always roasted as I am semi obsessed with roasting veggies. A few weeks ago I did a post on Jenny's Roast Potatoes, but that is really the tip of the iceberg. Everything from carrots to Brussels spouts have met their (eventual) doom after being in my oven. However, I have tried this recipe after boiling the cauliflower in chicken broth and the results were equally delicious.
I was recently dining out when I came across a particularly delicious Parmesan cauliflower gratin. I decided that I would probably like it even more if it used roasted cauliflower and used another one of my loves, goat cheese. The results I share with you today are an incredible compliment to any meal. And so without further ado lets get to it.
Today's Cast of Characters:
What to Do:
Either way you choose to serve these the result will be delectable. So remember to enjoy!
|Roasted Cauliflower Goat Cheese Mash|
Ingredients:1 head of Cauliflower
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 to 3 cloves Garlic
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
5 tbsp Goat cheese
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Any other Herb or Roasting Spice you want
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Toss the garlic and cauliflower in the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any other roasting spice you choose. Place in preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned and cauliflower is fork tender. Cool slightly.
3. In a food processor, put in Parmesan, goat cheese, and butter. Pour in the cauliflower garlic mix and process until smooth and creamy. Stir in fresh herbs if so desired.
4. Remove mix to a large bowl to serve.
5. Transfer the mix to individual ramekins and place back in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove when mix edges are just starting to brown.
6. Either way you choose to serve this dish, enjoy!